Sunday, August 8

Celestial Realizations

This week I participated in two significant events.

Event #1 was Camp Lazy Dog, which is a an annual family "get-together". Due to some scheduling conflicts, several members of our immediate family couldn't make it; however, there were 15 people in attendance. We all had a great time! Lots of sun, food, and playing with cousins whom we only see once or twice a year. I realized that while we were goofing off with each other, we were also shaping eternal relationships. Over the past several days, I have pondered the feelings that I had during this week. The feelings which I was aware of were as close to the feelings that we must have in the eternal worlds. At least as close to them as is possible in this mortal existence. The other thoughts that I had were how sad I would be if those who missed Camp Lazy Dog this year wouldn't or couldn't come in the future. I think that I will do everything possible to make sure that they come in the future so that they too might enjoy those wonderful feelings that I felt.

In a way, Camp Lazy Dog represents the Celestial Kingdom. Just like we missed those who couldn't make it to the camp, we will miss those who won't make it to the Celestial Kingdom. Our kindred dead can't progress from the spirit world without our help. It is our job, here and now, to do all you can to help them move on.

Event #2 was helping Holiday do Family History today. We agreed to spend 30 minutes working on the Olsen line. 1 1/2 hours later we had to stop and spend time with our living children. During the time that we were doing family history, I could hear the Olsen clan cheering for Holiday as she labored in their behalf. The vale was thin, the spirits were interested in what we were doing.The Lord opened doors for both Holiday and the Olsens who have been waiting in the spirit world.

Please let me know of your experiences doing family history so that I can post them on this site. The ward members need to hear about each others' work- successes and challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment